The CRTOP certification is designed to certify that candidates have the expert-level knowledge to perform a comprehensive red team assessment.
The CRTOP body of knowledge consists of seven domains covering the responsibilities of a red team member. The certification exam is a 50-question, traditional multiple-choice test. Questions are randomly pulled from a master list and must be completed in two hours. The seven CRTOP domains are:
- Red team roles and responsibilities
- Red team assessment methodology
- Physical reconnaissance tools and techniques
- Digital reconnaissance tools and techniques
- Vulnerability identification and mapping
- Social engineering
- Red team assessment reporting
Candidates must achieve a 70% score or higher in order to pass.
There are three options for taking the CRTOP exam:
- The CRTOP is available at any of our training partner's locations throughout the world.
- The exam can be proctored on-site at your location for groups of 10 or more.
- Individuals employed at member organizations can take the exam over the internet.
As the IACRB is a not-for-profit organization, please be aware that fees are used only for administrative functions.
- Flat fee of $499 per exam.
- On-site proctored exams are $399 per voucher.
- Ready to take the exam? Contact a training partner or register to take the exam here.
The CRTOP certification covers a four-year period. Regular renewal of a certification ensures that IACRB professionals maintain their knowledge and skills over time. Recertification is conducted via the exam engine system.
Your recertification will become available for registration in your portal account one year in advance of your certification expiration. Recertification candidates will be taking exactly the same exams as current certification candidates.
There are no fees associated with re-certification.