The CCPT certification is designed to certify that candidates have the expert-level knowledge to perform a cloud infrastructure penetration test.
The CCPT body of knowledge consists of five domains covering the responsibilities of a cloud penetration tester. The certification exam is a 50-question, traditional multiple-choice test. Questions are randomly pulled from a master list and must be completed in two hours. The five CCPT domains are:
- Common vulnerabilities in cloud environments
- Security features of popular cloud platforms
- Cloud pentesting process and requirements
- Cloud pentesting tools
- Reporting cloud pentest findings and providing recommendations
Candidates must achieve a 70% score or higher in order to pass.
There are three options for taking the CCPT exam:
- The CCPT is available at any of our training partner's locations throughout the world.
- The exam can be proctored on-site at your location for groups of 10 or more.
- Individuals employed at member organizations can take the exam over the internet.
As the IACRB is a not-for-profit organization, please be aware that fees are used only for administrative functions.
- The exam will be available in August 2020.
- Flat fee of $499 per exam.
- On-site proctored exams are $399 per voucher.
- Ready to take the exam? Contact a training partner or register to take the exam here.
The CCPT certification covers a four-year period. Regular renewal of a certification ensures that IACRB professionals maintain their knowledge and skills over time. Recertification is conducted via the exam engine system.
Your recertification will become available for registration in your portal account one year in advance of your certification expiration. Recertification candidates will be taking exactly the same exams as current certification candidates.
There are no fees associated with re-certification.