|Certified Mobile and Web App Penetration Tester (CMWAPT) Certification
The Certified Mobile and Web App Penetration Tester (CMWAPT) certification validates your knowledge and skills in the field of mobile and web application penetration testing.
The CMWAPT consists of eight domains covering the job duties of penetration testers in the mobile and web application field.
The certification exam is a 50-question, traditional multiple-choice test. Questions are randomly pulled from a master list and must be completed in two hours. The eight Certified Mobile and Web App Penetration Tester domains are:
- Mobile and Web Application Pentesting Process and Methodology
- Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Web Application Attacks
- Android Application Components
- Android Application Attacks
- iOS Application Components
- iOS Application Attacks
- Secure Coding Principles
A 70% is the passing score for the CMWAPT exam.
How Can I Register for the CMWAPT Exam?
There are three options for taking the CMWAPT exam:
- The CMWAPT is available at any of our training partner's locations throughout the world
- The exam can be proctored on-site at your location for groups of 10 or more
- Individuals employed at member organizations can take the exam over the Internet
How Can I Access the CMWAPT Exam?
- CMWAPT-related correspondence will be sent to the email address you provided at registration.
- All training and certification is conducted through the exam engine. Use the exam engine to log in to your account and take the exam.
- Once you login, you will have links to the appropriate Certification Attempts and/or Self Study Files.
- Please be sure to read all documentation pages.
What Are the CMWAPT Exam Fees?
The IACRB is a not-for-profit organization; all fees collected are used for administrative functions. Exam fees include:
- Flat fee of $499 per exam/li>
- On-site proctored exams are $399 per voucher
Ready to take the exam? Contact a training partner or register to take the exam here.
How Can I Renew My CMWAPT Certification?
The CMWAPT certification has moved to a four-year certification period. Regular certification renewal ensures IACRB professionals maintain their knowledge and skills over time. Recertification is conducted via the exam engine system.
You will be eligible for recertification through your portal account one year in advance of your certification expiration. Recertification candidates will take the exact same exam as current certification candidates.
There are no fees associated with recertification.
Tips for CMWAPT Exam Success
The CMWAPT certification program is very challenging. We offer the following advice when pursuing your certification:
- Budget your time carefully. Don't postpone studying until the last minute and expect to do well.
- lan to spend some hands-on time working with any of the resources available on the Internet for exploit writing. You are not formally required to have experience in the field in order to take the CMWAPT certification. Do realize by design, the CMWAPT focuses on and tests your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in practice. You will have a much easier time with the certification process if you've spent some time working with the tools and technology.
Contact Us for more information about this certification.